Thursday, December 28, 2006

Cookie Kitty

Click image to see it larger in the Gallery

14 x 10 in  -  36 x 25 cm.    

This Xmas I was given a copy of "Charles Reid's Watercolour Secrets" DVD. Unlike the book of the same name the first hour of the DVD is Charles painting the figure so I just had to have a try at a 'Charles Reid' style figure.

Many thanks to Cookie Kitty of "deviantART" who is both model and photographer. You can see the reference photo and access her other stock photos here.

If you have never seen a Charles Reid Watercolor figure painting before this will give you some idea.

I am generally pleased with how this came out. It has no where near the bravery and colour of a real Charles Reid but then I would not expect it to.

1 comment:

  1. I like this Roger, skin colours and the proportions of the figure are very well done.

    ReplyDelete