Monday, July 30, 2007

Fishing Boats on the Beach - after Van Gogh

Click Image to see larger version in my gallery
11 x 16 in  -  28 x 41 cm.     The painting above, is a copy I did a while ago, of a watercolor by Vincent Van Gogh. The image below is his orginal.

You can sometimes (they keep moving the link) get to a larger web copy of the original painting by clicking on the image or by clicking here. Vincent also did an oil of the same view which you can see here. I much prefer the colors of the watercolor. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, your work is very nice but I think I like this pic in oil better. The swirls in the sky seem to be more prominent in the oil. This morning I picked up an estate pic of the Boats of St. Marie by Gogh which is why I was researching it. It's unusual in that the colors are completely different than the original or any other copies of it I have found. It is done on canvas.

    ReplyDelete