Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lighthouse

Click Image to see larger version in my gallery


14 x 10 in  -  36 x 25 cm     Watercolor    

I tried to be a bit clever on this two hour challenge. Painting a lighthouse it just a bit cliché so I tried to make it a lighthouse plus 'skyscape'. Then I let it get far too tight for my taste in painting. But once that has happened there is nothing you can do.

Also once it had started to become meticulous I was bound to overrun the time and indeed I did.

Does it work as a painting? What do you think?

This is the ref that was supplied. I cropped it only slightly to focus more on the lighthouse.

The ref is shown here with kind permission of - Stacey

2 comments:

  1. I like your lighthouse and the way you have interpreted the photo. I find water colours the hardest medium to master.( I prefer acrylics)

    ReplyDelete