Friday, April 04, 2008

Brits on the Beach

Click Image to see larger version in my gallery

14 x 21 in  -  35 x 53 cm     Watercolor     This started out with clear thoughts and good intentions. It just got slowly harder as it went on.

In the end I just decided to go for a finish, any sort of a minimal finish and call it done. For a change I painted this standing up at my plein air easel. I was actually inside the putting all my "outdoors" gear to the test.

Next month I am away for another week with John Yardley. It always pays to be up to speed with the use of your equipment.

The ref shown is the unmodified uncropped photo I took on holiday in 2006. For the painting I omitted the central figure in order to improve the composition. I'm sure it is better for it.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! I believe all beach pictures should bee minimalistic because the needs to be restful.

    I love it, you shameless wretch! (comment about plugging your site!) :)

    Pat

    ReplyDelete