Monday, June 02, 2008

Central Park - Experimental

Click Image to see larger version in my gallery

10 x 14 in  -  25 x 36 cm     Watercolor     I have given this work the 'experimental' designation because once again I did not set out to paint the best looking picture I could from the reference. Instead I set out deliberately to make the greens of the park as extreme as they are and the buildings light and with strangely coloured washes just as they are. So to this extent I actually painted exactly what I wanted to paint.

The reference photo taken a couple of years back from the "Top of the Rock" visitors gallery.

1 comment:

  1. That's a very unique perspective of Central Park. Central Park has a beautiful old world charm in some parts. The painting really caught my attention. :)

    ReplyDelete