Monday, August 27, 2007

Lunch on the Beach

Click Image to see larger version in my gallery
9 x 13 in  -  22 x 33 cm.     I started this one a couple of months ago, I put it aside when it started to become too meticulist. (Meticulist is my invented word for paintings that become far to tight, to meticulous). While a meticulous style works for some people it is not where I want my head to be.

The ref for this painting was a corner of a snapshot taken on holiday last year. One of the delights of digital cameras is that you can make use of snippets of a frame like this that would otherwise just be ignored.

Did it work? Well it came out better than I was expecting a half way. The presence of the bodyboard, not painted until it was nearly finished, works well to place the couple in the space of the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment