Monday, August 13, 2007

New Red Hat

Click Image to see larger version in my gallery

14 x 10 in  -  36 x 25 cm.    

Well the portrait aspect has come out OK but the strength of tone of the red v blue overwhelms the face too much. I probably should have been less strong i.e. more 'hi key' on the red as it is so very hard to strengthen the tones on such a light toned face and still have it look good. And we would not want to leave the model with a 6 o'clock shadow would we?

I should also have thought of a better way to have 'blue in the middle of red'. The way I picked has not worked too well, no merging of colours. I rejected the simple idea of wet cobalt into wet cad red as that would have produced a nice but unwanted purple. Note to self try out ideas it future next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there roger.......

    So good to catch up with you again.. What a lovely surprise to see you have painted our Lulu and beautifully as well..:)

    Cheers JJ

    ReplyDelete