Thursday, March 27, 2008

Calling a Taxi

Click Image to see larger version in my gallery



14 x 10 in  -  36 x 25 cm     Watercolor
The strong wash of Permanent Alizarin Crimson mostly did what I wanted, under it and allowed to dry first is strong wash of raw sienna (which is a dullish yellow). Does it all work as a painting? I am not sure. The background room is possibly not dark enough.

I took the reference at a friends wedding in the hotel. The model was just a guest at the hotel. I did ask her permission. But I always think, if you want to get reference photos you have keep clicking away.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Roger, so glad your time with John Yardley was a good time. It shows in your work and I am loving your en plein air work very much.
    I hope you do more of it.

    Peg Allen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great upbeat comment.

    Thanks Peg.

    ReplyDelete