Monday, October 22, 2007

Henley Grandpa

Click Image to see larger version in my gallery


14 x 10 in  -  36 x 25 cm.    

This one has turned out way too maticulist for my taste. Maticulist is a word I coined. It comes from the obvious root of 'meticulous'. It is applied to a painter or to a painting that is done in a meticulous manner, sometimes to the detriment of the work.

Of course meticulism works for many painters it just does not work for me. I find in too exhausting to take 6+ hours on a work like this. That's way too long. I will have to find a way of balancing the areas in the painting that need detail with some areas that don't.

Still the result has turned out well and I can't complain about that.

The composition is, just as you see it, taken straight from the camera. It was snapped in Henley yesterday. There is a lovely walk by the side of the River Thames. At this time of year the sun is low and gives a wonderful side light with interesting shadows. I keep the camera to hand to catch shots like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment