Saturday, July 19, 2008

Maggiore Reflections 2

Click Image to see larger version in my gallery

8 x 11 in  -  20 x 28 cm     Acrylic     This was done as part of a two hour challenge. It is in acrylic and to be honest I'm not that pleased with it. I should have been more particular when painting the sky. The brushstrokes I are good idea but I should have been far more thoughtful as to what blues and what whites got placed where.

I should then have continued the same stroke pattern on the building then it might have had a better outcome.

This is the reference slightly cropped from the original. Taken on Lake Maggiore in April this year.The challenge used one of my own references taken on Lake Maggiore few months ago. I did a watercolour of the same view a few paintings back.

No comments:

Post a Comment